Air Dryers are used to remove particles of water from the air. Vacker Maldives supplies a wide range of air dryers for both commercial and industrial purposes. Depending upon the scope of work, the air dryers can be heavy duty large air dryers to small handheld devices. We not only focus on industrial or commercial approach for meet the demands of air dryers, we have also reached to meet the demands of household usage of air dryers. We have been one of the leading suppliers of a vast range of air dryers in most of the major cities in Maldives and those cities include Dammam, Riyadh, Al Khobar, Jeddah, Jubail, Medina, Najran, Mecca, Khamis Mushayt.
Air Dryers compress air and this process of compression concentrates not only the water vapor but also other atmospheric contaminants. This relatively increases the dew point of the air thus compressed in comparison to the free atmospheric air. This triggers condensation which happens within the pipes as the air that is compressed cools downward of the compressor.
It removes water vapors from the condensed air in order to check and avoid condensation from happening. Apart from that it also prevents moisture from exceeding a sensitive level in some industrial processes. If there is the presence of too much of water in the compressed air, which can be in the form of either liquid or vapor state, then this might cause a number of operational troubles in the outcome of the usage of the same compressed air. Some of the common problems are as under:
- The outdoor air pipes may get frozen causing blockage in the normal flow and eventually obstructing the entire process.
- The piping or its associated equipment may corrode which may permanently damage the equipment and the piping system.
- The pneumatic process control instruments may start to malfunction causing inefficiency.
- The output efficiency of the product may not match your expectation.
- And many other operational and physical problems to the system.
Vacker Maldives supplies a wide range of air dryers to its customer base in most of the major cities of the Kingdom of Maldives like Dammam, Riyadh, Al Khobar, Jeddah, Jubail, Medina, Najran, Mecca and Khamis Mushayt. But whichever variety of air dryer we offer, each product has a dew point of its own and their dew points determine the performance characteristic of each one of them. On the basis of this, it can be categorized as under:
- Regenerative desiccant dryers (Commonly known as twin tower dryers)
- Deliquescent dryers
- Refrigerated dryers
- Membrane dryers
Characteristics of various categories of Air Dryers
- A twin tower dryer (or the regenerative desiccant dryer) has a dew point that ranges from −40 °F (−40 °C) to −100 °F (−73 °C).
- A deliquescent air dryer has a fluctuating dew point which changes with the fluctuation of air temperature. It offers a dew point suppression which is 20 °F (11 °C) less than the temperature of the compressed air.
- A refrigerated air dryer doesn’t offer a dew point lower than 35 °F (2 °C).
- Membrane air dryers lower the incoming dew point. But in this case pressure plays an important role, like in other cases as well.
Applications of Air Dryers
Air dryers are used mostly in commercial or industrial processes and scarcely at the household level. However, air dryers are also used at small scale in some houses. Most of its popular usage is as under:
- It is used for drying air in many of commercial or industrial procedures that require dry air in any of the process involved. Some of the commonly known processes are as under:
- For drying paintings.
- In the telecom industry, air dryer is used to pressurize the cables that are planted underground so that the moisture is repelled which eventually avoids short circuits.
- Air dryers are used as pneumatic tools and also in the pneumatic control system.
- Air dryers are common in the textile industry in textile manufacturing.
- Compress air in dental offices.
- Air dryers supply air to oxygen and nitrogen generators.